24. Girl. Filipina
Missionary and Bible Scholar.
Follower of Jesus Christ.
Monogamous Partner is a Turtle.
Fangirling is my Job
Guilty pleasure: William 'Spike' Pratt
First love: Chandler Muriel Bing
One true love: Shawn Spencer
Mikey Bustos and Block B own my heart
photography blog here.
so today is Jana’s birthday and I told her I’d write anything for her and she asked for Doctor/River wedding stuff. And this sort of didn’t turn out how I’d planned but I HOPE SHE STILL LIKES IT. I LOVE YOU JANA.
I LOVE YOU VALERIE.
Create Your Own “Bokeh” Photographs
Here’s a cool trick you can try out with your SLR camera. All you need is a large aperture lens (ex: 50mm / F1.8) and a sheet of opaque paper or cardboard. The out-of-focus dots that you see in theimage are known as “Bokeh,” a term which is derived from the Japanese word meaning “blur.”
1) Create a fake lens hood with the paperboard by cutting out a hole in the shape of your choice.
2) Place the hood over the lens and see how it looks through the viewfinder.
3) Set your camera to its lowest aperture value or bulb exposure. Have fun!
Everyone who re-blogs this will get a flag or crest custom-designed for them, based on Tumblr layout, location [if made known], interests, personality, and other things about the user.
Cut-off is 12/7/2012 at Noon, EDT.
I feel so bad for this user but at the same time
flags and crests man
Okay, so I want to do this, but I’m going to do it smart. For my sweet little Animorphs fandom, so there’s no way it can get out of control.
If you reblog this post, I’ll tell you what I think you would be if you were a Controller, an Animorph, or an alien, based on your blog and whatever I can find in your #animorphs tag on your blog.
For each reply I get from a cast member, I’ll donate a dollar to Random Acts.
WE’RE UP TO $8 IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS. KEEP REBLOGGING~
Until December 24th, to all of the people that reblog this will get a masterpost with all of the urls in it and on Christmas a nice little present in their ask of a story staring them and a character of my choosing (but influenced by your fandoms).
(You do not have to be following me.)
my condolences to the merlin fandom.
- Afterwards by dropsofviolet: So Tobias and Ax could have the Bachelor Pad of the Weirdo Heroes and Rachel could catch the bouquet at Jake and Cassie’s wedding, and then our lives would really begin and we could start pretending that the past few years never happened.
- Angels Rush In by natural-blue-26: The first of Rachel’s birthdays that swept past without her aging, Marco went skydiving for her and heard her laughing in the air around him all the way down. M/R cannon musings for the Beta set of 1sentence prompts
- Bad Jokes, Nightmares and Long Holidays by HotPinkCoffee: Drabbles about Marco, Eva and Peter from the Livejournal KA Verse 50-prompt table. Some humor, some angst, some fluff, and some day-to-day banality. Drabbles up for Angel, Necromancy, Underwater and Howling. Complete.
- Beautiful Son by HotPinkCoffee: Eva reflects on her new situation and how Marco’s grown up. One-shot, complete. Spoilers for #45. Title from the Hole song.
- Putting the Damage On by HotPinkCoffee: Aboard the Rachel, Tobias and Marco have a conversation on guilt and resilience. One-shot, Tobias’ POV. Rated for language. Spoilers for book #54. Title taken from the Tori Amos song.
- Recovery by HotPinkCoffee: Sometimes kids have to be the guardians. Marco and Peter, drabble, complete.
- Stage Laughter by HotPinkCoffee: A year after the war, Marco runs into a familiar face he doesn’t especially want to see. Rated for language and some legal substance use. One-shot.
- Mentality by khloride: What defines Ax? How does he relate to he fellow Andalites, his brother, and his human friends? Two one-shots at different times in the series. Rated T because the concepts could be misconstrued.
- Here and Now by Forlay: Rachel and Ax have a late night heart to heart. (Contains spoilers for 52)
- Homecoming by AniJen21: Ax gets to meet his brother, Prince Elfangor, for the first time. An investigation of the germination of their relationship and family dynamic. It’s sort of related to my other fic “Tobias Tells Ax,” but you don’t need to read that to understand this. R/R
- Rock, Paper, Tailblade by alikat522: Erek and a delirious Aximili talk in the barn. Set mid-29.
- Skipping Ahead by dagas isa: <And you’ll be a big hero and they’ll make you a prince without even slowing down to make you a warrior.>
- The Family by AniDragon: Ax and Tobias talk after the events of book 23.
- What You Need by Poetry: Tobias and Ax talk about family.
BOTH (FRIENDSHIP & SLASH)
- Back in the Cold Heat by by Doctor Strangelove: Post 54. After rescuing Ax from The One, Marco helps his friend recuperate and has to deal with some returning feelings. Slashy themes.
- Channel Surfing by Doctor Strangelove: After a strenuous battle, Marco and Ax try to relax by watching some TV.
- Like Setting Up Punchlines by HotPinkCoffee: A collection of short domestic scenes about Tobias, Marco and Ax in the woods. Spoilers up through #47. Rated for language and some teenage sex talk.
- Quiet by LizzyPaul: The apartment was too quiet.
- Sunflower Kisses by Kay: A chance meeting in a sunflower field brings interesting revelations. (Note:I debated whether or not to include this one because it’s a lot fluffier than the other fics on this list… but it gets very melancholy at times and SURPRISE ATTACKS YOU RIGHT IN THE FEELS. OW.)
I have never felt happier than I do now.
I figured that the hiatus would keep us all whining and crying, so here’s something to keep you all on your feet: a psych ship week! I know normally ship weeks are only focused on one ship, but I figured I’d just keep this open for all of the psych ships, because why not?
The week will start not next week, but the week after, on Sunday, Nov. 4.
If you don’t know what a ship week is, here’s an awful summary: Every day in a certain week has a theme, and for each theme you make/write/draw something. Easy enough, right?
THE THEMES ARE:
- day off (Nov. 4)
- first sight/impressions (Nov. 5)
- dangerous (Nov. 6)
- separation (Nov. 7)
- daybreak (Nov. 8)
- masquerade (Nov. 9)
- happiness (Nov. 10)
- If you participate, you must complete all the days and post them on the day specified.
- Since this is open to all ships, you don’t have to only use one ship for the whole week, but you still have to complete every day.
- Any fanfiction must include a word-count. Try to aim for either below 350 or above 900, but this is not a requirement.
(side note: if you have a fic accompanying a visual [like gifs, graphics, caps, etc.], then this rule doesn’t apply unless you really want them to.)
- Anyone can participate, though that’s a given. You are all more than welcome to just observe and support those taking on the challenge.
- This should be obvious, but really, don’t judge someone based on what ship they use for this. Let’s keep this clean, people.
- The whole purpose of this week is to have fun, so please don’t consider it a burden so much as a challenge if you do attempt it.
You have two weeks to prepare. May the odds be ever in your favor.
PLEASE TAG ALL ENTRIES WITH #PSYCH SHIP WEEK AND MAKE SURE IT SHOWS UP IN THE TAG! Keep in mind that Tumblr only puts your post in the first five tags you put on an original post. All entries will be reblogged here. (The blog is still under construction but ssshhh.)
Next year I will be going to San Diego Comic Con to meet up with one of my very best friends, Jana! We befriended one another due to our love of Psych (she wrote the Shawn to my Juliet at the Psych RP), and Psych will be at SDCC, so it’s only logical that we need to be there. THIS WILL HAPPEN. I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED RIGHT NOW HOLY SHIT.
We are going to try and cosplay as the Doctor and River, and I AM JUST SO FULL OF FEELS RIGHT NOW AT THE THOUGHT OF TOUCHING HER FACE AND STALKING THE PSYCH CAST AND THE SUPERNATURAL CAST AND WHAT IF THEY HAVE A DOCTOR WHO PANEL AND I AM JUST SCREAMING RIGHT NOW.
NEXT YEAR IS GOING TO BE SO FUCKING AWESOME BETWEEN COMIC CON AND ALSO GOING TO BOSTON TO VISIT NICOLE I AM JUST DYING OF FEELS.
the fact that river broke her own wrist and lied about it so the doctor wouldn’t think he’d lose the ponds
the fact that river saw her parents die and put on a brave face for the doctor i just
i’m so done.
Doctor Who meme: favourite quotes (in no particular order) [2/10]
It’ll be fine. I know it will. I’ll be with him, like I should be. Me and Rory together
[trigger warning for the commentary below]
This reminds me of a discussion we had in school, and one girl was talking about living in fear of her safety because she is a girl, and this guy chimed in and was all “It’s hard for guys too! I’m so awkward around girls! It’s embarrassing!” Yeah, not the same thing, exactly?
This reminds me of an article about online (heterosexual) dating that I read a while ago. It listed men’s and women’s worst fears about meeting someone from online. The highest ranked fear that men had was that their date would be fat, whereas the highest ranked fear that women had was that their date would turn out to be violent and kill them.
I think that says a lot.
Its interesting also that these fears sit subconsciously until woman are asked to exams their responses to men. We women will operate with this fear in mind, the way we protect ourselves, make sure our friends know where we are when we go on a date, words that we use while interacting with men, all in hopes they will not kill us, but simultaneously love us.
I think bell hooks made a point about this in her series on love. something along the lines of how can women hope to love and receive love from men when at the foundation of our relationships there is this strong fear of men. you can’t build true trust when your foundation is crumbling under you.
the scariest part is, once you recognize this fear, and face it, how do you address it when there is evidence of “good” men abusing, hurting, and killing women everyday?
I was in my early 20’s when one of my homegirls broke this down for me.
I was in a broken relationship, and one of the things was that bugged me at the time was that the girlfriend at the time would freak out whenever I got angry - I never yelled, never throw or hit things, mostly, I just needed some time to cool out.
“Why does she get scared when I’m angry? I’d never hit her!”
“But she doesn’t KNOW that. She can’t assume that. Look at how many dudes are out there pulling shit.”
And that stuck with me for a hot minute. The relationship was broken on so many levels anyway, but that fact still remains, as a man, I can’t fault women for assuming the worst in order to protect themselves, especially how the world’s patriarchy and misogyny rolls.
My brain knows that my husband won’t hit me. Really, the logical part of me totally gets that. But when we’re arguing he has to stay on the other side of the room & not yell too loud because my fight or flight instincts have 25+ years of being hard wired that loud = violent & our 11 year relationship isn’t long enough to undo that.
I’ve had continual discussions with Tchy about this, and I don’t expect to stop. It’s fair to say that there’s no one in the world that I trust more, and he has been extremely careful with me, but… the fact remains that he leans quite a bit towards the masculine, and this means that that fear is always there. The news of transmasculine folks abusing/raping people doesn’t help that fear any. :(
I’m learning not to apologize for it. It’s not my fault (nor, really, is it his) that I’m scared of dude-type people. But it’s always there. Which is another reason why I get so pissed off when trans men try to make transmisogyny about them.
men, read all of this please. including the commentary. esp if you consider yourself a Nice Guy.
This is an incredible thread of responses. I’ve seen this quote before, but not the dialogue that built up around it. The part about loud=violent hits home particularly hard for me. I am terrified of getting into irl arguments with men, especially when they get loud. It’s always going to sit in the pit of my stomach.
That part resonates for me too, although from a completely different angle. Despite being more terrified of sexual violence than I am of anything other than my own brain, I do not hesitate to yell, confront, get up in the face of, threaten, even hit men twice my size and many times my strength. Faced with a threat of violence from men, I will either imply or state “I dare you to.”
I also, as previously established on this blog, have a death wish.
To me, that encapsulates everything about the violence, especially sexual violence, coded into relationships between men and women in our society: for a woman to assert herself in the face of maleness may require the woman in question (such as me) to be perpetually suicidal.
Reblogging for commentary. I have been frightened and scared by men being loud with me, even if I don’t think they’ll be violent. Like people have said above, it’s just a latent response in your brain to fear violence from men.
I went out to dinner with someone a couple of weeks ago (LONG story, was supposed to be a group dinner but it ended up just being me & a strange man) and I told him I blogged about feminism and politics, and he went off on me. He told me feelings were bullshit and women just wanted special privileges, and then he said, “Women don’t give men enough credit for not being violent psychopaths. That’s what we are, deep down. We want to rape and pillage, and we don’t, and women don’t give us enough credit for that.” I burst into tears. That shit was terrifying.
I was never so scared of anyone in my entire life when this one time a close guy friend of mine were getting into an argument and it was very heated. He shouted at me and threw a water bottle in my direction. I was shaking and I was so scared he would hit me. He apologized afterwards, but I really don’t think I’ll ever get over that fear.
And that’s when it hit me. These guys, these men, it’s so easy for them to hurt us physically, and why is that? And it scares me actually because even if I’m stronger than most girls, I’m still a girl, and what can I do if suddenly a man tries to hit me? What can I do to fight it?